My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard...

Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's never easy, but it is sooooo worth it!

Yesterday,  I turned 39- an age which many folks find frightening in that it brings them one tiny step away from 40.  I found it exhilarating for the fact that I am in FAR better health than I was in my 20s...especially after I had my post-Insanity body composition assessment performed and discovered that I am now well within the good healthy range of bodyfat percentage for a woman my age (just a percentage or two away from the EXCELLENT range even!).  The proof is in the pictures- see the two side-by-sides below...

     Me at 29:                                                    Me at 39:


I spent a good chunk of my late adolescent and adult life in the overweight and obese range.  It took a call for help from my little sister and a very successful first weeks doing Atkins to get me to change my ways for good- and it has never been a smooth and easy journey. There have been some ups and downs and horrible plateaus along the way.  Weight loss is never simple or easy- nor is maintaining your weight loss for a lifetime.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is telling you wrong! Like anything in life worth pursuing, it takes patience, persistence and dedication to succeed.  You have to truly WANT it to achieve it- and you have to be willing to work hard to get there.  There are no pills or products that will magically make your weight disappear.  And, I can tell you from firsthand experience, it's not going to come off quickly.  You didn't become fat overnight- so you sure are not going to become slender overnight as well.  

I love the Beachbody products I sell. They have been key in not only helping me maintain the 90 pound weight loss I achieved through diet alone but also, more importantly, getting me into the best shape I've been in my life.  The nutrition programs and Shakeology keep me on track diet-wise and the set schedule Beachbody workout programs provide keep me challenged and focused.  But were it not for the fact that I was actually following the plan and doing the workouts, I would not be where I am today.  They gave me the map & directions- it was up to me to follow them to get to where I wanted to be just as it will be up to you should you choose to make that same path for yourself.  I am so hoping you do and would love to support, motivate and encourage you along the way.

Make your next birthday your best- whether you choose a Beachbody program or any other path to fitness, I wish you the very best of luck in achieving your own success story.  

Cheers,
Coach P
Email: coachpetrina@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment