My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cleansing in the New Year

If you've seen my video on YouTube, you already know that I love me some Shakeology.  And if you had spent any time with me over the holidays, you would have borne witness to me engaging in all sorts of naughty food & drink indulgences, capped off by a champagne & Stoli cocktail-infused New Year's Eve leaving me feeling bloated and all-around, well for want of a better word, icky.  So I decided to give the Shakeology Cleanse a try in my effort to detox and kickstart my way back to clean eating on January 1st.  Even though I'm a Shakeology lover, I still had my reservations on the whole cleanse concept stemming from a disastrous previous attempt at Cleansing...

A year or so ago I tried the Master Cleanse - a plan allegedly endorsed by Beyonce.  After spending a pretty penny on laxative tea, organic lemons, genuine maple syrup and cayenne pepper in the hopes of doing the Master Cleanse for a week, I waved the white flag of surrender after just five hours on the Cleanse.  After trying two of the Master Cleanse drinks, I marvelled over how on earth anyone in the world could stomach them for several days.  Blech!  Not to mention, I felt pretty hungry and fatigued midway through the day.  I already knew I loved Shakeology, but would I love it as much when it was blended with water and would it fuel me through the day?

After finishing a 2 day Cleanse, I can answer affirmatively to both. It still tasted delicious blended with water and I felt properly fueled right up through the end of Day 2 last night.  I was going to shoot for a full 3 Day Cleanse, but opted against it when I realized how fatigued I was feeling by the end of the night...well, that and the fact that I started going all Looney Tunes cartoon character and envisioning my loved ones as rotisserie chicken dinners.  Let's face it, Coach Petrina loves her food!  Even though I didn't do a full-on 3 Day Cleanse, I am very pleased with my results- I feel leaner, better and well, cleaner.  My skin is looking great after drinking loads of water and I feel jump-started in a sense and ready to get back on track with clean eating. Oh, and I lost 4.2 pounds over the course of two days bringing me just on the brink of the never before seen in my adulthood realm of the 130s on the scale.   The 130s!

So how does one do a Shakeology Cleanse?  Here's the dilly-o...

Essentials
  • 3 Shakeology shakes per day
  • 2 cups of green tea per day
  • 1 or 2 pieces of fruit per day (optional)
  • 1 salad for dinner-can include fish or poultry
  • No dairy or extra sugars (this includes almond and soy milk)
  • Drink 2 to 4 liters of water every day
  • Only use low-fat dressings, and go easy on the salt and/or pepper to taste
  • 2 snacks before/after any of the major meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
  • Fruit is optional, and it is discouraged (however, some of you will need the calories while others may not)
  • Power-workout participants (those who are already super conditioned) are recommended the higher numbers of calories
  • For maximum results, do NOT use additives
  • Dinner salad may include WHITE GRILLED PROTEIN-poultry or fish only
  • Daily Regimen: 1 cup of green tea to start the day
Breakfast:
  • 1 scoop Shakeology (140 calories)
  • 1/2 cup of fruit (60 to 90 calories)-optional
  • Ice to taste
  • 8 to10 oz. of water
Snack 1 (85 calories): 1 piece of fruit (apple, pear, orange, banana mango, etc.)
Lunch: 1 scoop Shakeology (140 calories) Ice to taste 8 to 10 oz. of water 1 cup of green tea or a detox tea
Snack 2: (you can have the second snack before or after dinner) 1 scoop Shakeology (140 calories) Ice to taste 8 to10 oz. of water
Dinner:
  • Salad with grilled white fish or poultry (roughly 340 calories)
  • Greens-3 servings of vegetables, plus 4 oz. of grilled white meat (fish or poultry)
  • 2 tablespoons of dressing

Average Weight loss from Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse is 3 – 5 lbs

Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse FAQ

How many calories per day?
800 to 1,100 calories per day

How often can I do the Shakeology 3-Day Cleanse?
  • Ideally, you should do it once per quarter (every 3 months)
  • As the seasons change
  • When you start a new workout program
  • When you feel you need help breaking through a plateau
Should/Can I still do my workouts during the Cleanse?
  • Depends on the individual
  • You’ll have less energy, so consider doing it during your recovery week
  • Don’t do it in the middle of P90X or Insanity
Can I do a 1-day or a 2-day cleanse instead of a 3-day?
  • Yes, some people will see results in one or two days!
  • It is not recommended to do the cleanse for longer than 3 days.
Should/Can I take other Beachbody® supplements during the Cleanse?
  • No Beachbody Recovery Drink as it as too much sugar.
  • All other Beachbody supplements are not necessary but won’t hurt.
If you want to learn more or would like a Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse Supply, email me at coachpetrina@yahoo.com.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment